Chapter One Book Club
This is a reading group for our friends who are transitioning into chapter books. We will introduce our Kindergarten through 2nd Grade readers Jack and Billie. The Hey Jack! and Billie B. Brown are early reader chapter books with illustrations to help with contextual understanding of unfamiliar words. Billie and Jack are best friends who are relatable and entertaining. They use their problem-solving skills to overcome obstacles during their adventures.
Early readers will have the opportunity to practice their reading skills and participate in activities that encourage and reinforce their efforts. Reading aloud is optional, but we will incorporate discussion about the book into the activities. No pressure, just casual conversation. Learning to read can be frustrating and difficult. Let's make it fun!
- Recommended Grade Level: K - 2
- The club meets weekly for 4 weeks for discussion and an activity.
- You will receive the first book in the series with guided questions and tips for making reading a frustration-free experience.
- Participants receive a free copy of the next book in the series.
- Participants recieve a discount on the Chapter One Subscription for Hey Jack! or Billie B. Brown.