Waiting for Normal
“A heroine with spunk and spirit offers an inspiring lesson in perseverance and hope. First rate.”—Kirkus Reviews (starred review)
Addie is waiting for normal. But Addie’s mother has an all–or–nothing approach to life: a food fiesta or an empty pantry, her way or no way. And all–or–nothing never adds up to normal, and it can’t bring Addie all to home, where she wants to be with her half sisters. But Addie never stops hoping that one day, maybe, she’ll find normal.
“Characters as persuasively optimistic as Addie are rare, and readers will gravitate to her. Poignant.”—Publishers Weekly (starred review)
• Winner of the Schneider Family Book Award
• School Library Journal Best Book
• Texas Lone Star Reading List
• New York Public Library’s "One Hundred Titles for Reading and Sharing"
• ALA Top 10 Best Books for Young Adults
• ALA Notable Children’s Book
• Cooperative Children’s Book Center Choice