We have books for our friends who are are ready to read. Our Early Emergent Readers are ususally around 4 to 6 years old. They are probably in Kindergarten and have started their school library experience. You may be surprised when they know the words you are spelling when talking to another adult...
Check out our Early Emergent Readers Collection!
Aspiring readers are just beginning to grasp the basics of reading by:
- Learning to recite the alphabet
- Recognizing upper and lower case letters
- Learning phonetic spelling, syllables, and rhyming
- Recognizing sound/symbol relationships starting with consonants and short vowels
- Reading CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) words
- Reading high-frequency words (sight words)
Look for books with:
- Strong picture support
- Carefully controlled text
- Repetitive patterns
- Controlled, repeated vocabulary
- Natural language
- Large print
- Wide letter spacing
- Familiar concepts
- Limited text on a page
Watch for our next blog posting for our Emergent Reader Friends!