We have books for our friends who are are ready to jump ahead to more words on a page. Our Emergent Readers are usually around 6-7 years old and are ready for more challenging words and story comprehension with less pictures. Emergent readers will have an interest in different types of books - fiction and nonfiction. They may take their interest in dinosaurs to the next step!
Check out our Emergent Readers Collection!
Emergent readers are expanding their reading skills by:
- Reading books with more text on the page
- Discovering and following longer storylines
- Exploring and understanding more complex sentence structures
- Experimenting with different types of books - fiction, non-fiction, manuals, instructions.
Look for books with:
- Increasingly more lines of text per page
- Fewer pictures
- More complex sentence structure
- Less repetition
- Familiar topics with greater depth
Watch for our next blog posting for our Early Fluent Reader Friends!